LIFEGUARD JOB DESCRIPTION
LIFEGUARD REPORTS TO – The Pool/Assistant/Duty Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES to the public, especially vulnerable people, as part of the job.
The main purpose of the job:
· To supervise, control, and ensure the Health & Safety of the public at all times when using the pool and its facilities.
· To carry out duties strictly in accordance with all the Pool Safety Operational Procedures.
· To assist the Pool/Assistant/Duty manager in the preparation and activities of Greenbank Open Air Pool in a professional manner to ensure a high-quality service is provided to pool users and visitors.
· To carry out cleaning duties to keep the pool and premises to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
· To provide first aid treatment to customers. Take an active role during major and minor emergencies.
· To carry out rescues as required.
· To ensure all resources (including IT hardware and software) are used safely, legally and efficiently.
· To ensure personal compliance with the Data Protection Act and any other specific legislation that impacts upon, and exists to protect, the corporate health of the organisation, whether relating to personnel management or service delivery.
Summary of duties and responsibilities of the job:
· To carry out duties and responsibilities ensuring a clean and efficient operation of the pool.
· To interact with the public responsibly and welcome all users of the pool promoting a positive image of the pool and the Greenbank Team by the provision of high-quality customer service.
· To attend regular lifeguard training to ensure ongoing personal development and compliance of the requirements of the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
· To keep water fit.
· To comply with the Pool Safe Operating Procedures at all times.
· To maintain vigilant lifeguard supervision of the swimming pool area in accordance with the operating procedures and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all pool users and staff both during normal open hours and hired periods.
· To provide standby lifeguard supervision for busy days.
· To rescue swimmers in distress or danger of drowning; administer first aid in the event of injury; administer C.P.R if required.
· To report all damage, defects, or danger immediately upon its discovery and any other matters concerning Health and Safety to the Pool/Duty Manager.
· To report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures.
· To advise, assist, or organise assistance for disabled customers according to their needs.
· To enforce Policies, Rules, Regulations, and give water safety advice to swimmers to keep them from harm.
· To report all complaints, accidents, and incidents to the duty manager.
· To assist in the preparation and operation of activities and events.
· To ensure that lost property is handled and recorded in line with procedures.
· To ensure that all Pool equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
· To be flexible with work duties and undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the Greenbank Pool business needs, such as shop assistant, gardening.
· To perform routine checks of customers’ booking tickets/QR codes to allow entry to the swimming pool when required.
To hold a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification with the aqua spinal board.
Requalification Training will be given to those employed with similar lifeguard qualification to ensure Greenbank Pool lifeguards operate with the same skills.